Today was a marathon day, had to call out sick today. Avery had been having a rough few days, especially yesterday. My nurse was pretty worried about him respiratory-wise. Problem was he had a tube change appt. at 10 am in Boston. He needed a chest x-ray but could not get it done at Children's b/c there was nobody to read it or examine him except the ER and that was not happening. My pedi was booked up for the day. So I decided to stalk him, I showed up at this office asking for an x-ray and they are so accomodating and did an xray which did not look bad but considerding his thickness of secretions, he put him on a new abx. and more vanco for his chronic c-diff.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.............................
So off to Children's on time for his tube change which went really well. He does not even cry, just looks at them like " Watcha doing" sooo cute.
Then off to drop off a hearing aid as it is the end of the month and gotta work. The nurse just loved him and were in awe of his feeding tube and all of his issues. Luckily she is so darn cute.
Then back home for lunch with hubby and off to the gym, then back home for the night routine.
I just hope Avery sleeps good tonight, he was literally up about every hr. Rick and I kept hitting each other for whose turn it was (arguing in our sleep). He is still really off and cannot put my finger on it but he has not napped during the day since last Friday, UGH. I am wondering if it is b/c we weaned him off of his morning dose of clonodine.
Isaiah goes bowling tomorrow with his summer school. He just loves it there, I think he likes it more than the regular school yr.
1 comment:
Hey, I haven't checked in for a while. We've been busy with Scott's parents and sister visiting f rot eh last couple of weeks. They've been great. they work hard and party pretty hard (for me) too! I fell asleep drunk for the first time in years last night. It felt bad!I think three drinks is my limit.
Sorry Avery is having such tough nights. I hope he finds some relief with the new meds soon. How is your Mum doing? Her doctors don't seem very pro-active. I've heard strokes and heart attacks are very under-diagnosed in older women. And I think maybe even more with African American women. I think there was a good program about it on NPR a year or two ago. On the morning call in show - I can't think what it's called right now. I bet you could listen to it on the computer from their archives, if it seemed relevant.
Hey, I was thinking it would be fun to try and get together with Tracy and Kathleen and at least some of the kids before everyone is back at work again (I know you're not off, but Kathleen and i are. I don't know if that would be fun for you guys, or if things are just too stressful already. Let me know what you think. If you wanted to go out, there's a great kids farm/water park place we've been to a few times with Tracy over the years that the kids would like. We could come over, or all take a day trip. I'll organize something if you think it would be cool. Just tell me when.
OK. Babies crying. Better go and help her.
Love ALison.
Post a Comment