Janessa was not doing well at all today. She was not able to keep down anything and she refuses to drink anything other than water. So no hydrating drinks are an option. Janessa will not eat any kind of freeze pops or anything like that. She is just very picky in general. If I force it on her, she just vomits which defeats the purpose. So all in all it is very difficult to keep her hydrated when she is sick.
Good thing we have our own pharmacy at home, thanks to the boys. I gave her Zofran which is an anti-nausea med. She still looked very dehydrated but was flipping about the possibility of needles. I did bring her to the ER b/c she looked to poor. They thought she was quite dry but I expressed my concerns about her getting an IV, luckily she stopped vomitting and was able to keep water down. So we basically stayed in the ER for hrs. just getting her to drink. She has some bug. She perked up and home we went. I could have so done that at home.
So I have spent the last 2 Sundays in the ER with 2 different kids. Hopefully next Sunday will not be Isaiah. Just kidding.
We are still trying to figure out the right dose of Avery's methadone increase but he seems a bit to drugged one minute and the next he is irritable. Such a pain. Hopefully we can get the right dosing and help him. I sure hope so. He is having alot of difficulty falling asleep but once he is down, he is good for the night.
Emotionally for me I am in sort of a funk. There are alot of mito kids that I know that are not doing well at all. It just keeps slapping you in the face at the reality of this disease and how fast things can change for the worst and how you have no control over it. Has me really thinking alot of Avery's mortality. It's inevitable and it sucks.
2 comments:
I hope that Janessa is doing better today.
Debbie White
On, Can
Janessa, Get well soon. I hope you can get Avery under control and get some peace of mind.
ES
Post a Comment