Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sorry I have posted lately so any guesses of where I have been???

Well if you know our life then you are probably right if you guessed the HOSPITAL. This website is restricted for some reason. It's not like it rated R. LOL. What a crazy weekend. Isaiah has been in a real bad retching spell and got ye.t another aspiration pneumonia BUT he was not the one in the hospital ironically enough.

It was actually Mr. Avery. I would have never guessed myself either, as Avery has been feeling really good since his last hospitalization only a week ago. On Sunday, he starting vomitting which is not unsual for him but then he would not stop and he was having great difficulty breathing and required suctioning and oxygen which was scary in itself. But then he started to vomit blood. So off the the local ER we fly, then he was getting progressively worse even on O2 and his eyes were rolling in back of his head. I have never been so scared for my child's life like I was on Sunday. Rick was blowing through lights. Just an awful experience. So then they transferred him to Children's as usual. They still don't know where the blood was coming from. Probably just an irritation in his stomach. Yet another new med and another piece of equipment and chest pt and loads of other medical stuff to adjust to.

This disease is just such a horrible and scary thing that only gets worse with time. Looking at the boys, Isaiah is more physically challenged than Avery, yet Avery is so much more sicker medically than Isaiah. It is just so difficult to plan anything at all b/c I never know when I have to cancel b/c someone is in the hospital.

The power of prayer really works. I had planned a trip to go to NYC with a friend for just me time with no kids, illnesses or work and it was so destined to be cancelled b/c of the boys. But I just prayed my heart out last night and God always hears. Avery immediately started looking better this morning and we were released tonight. I so need a getaway to rejuvinate my mind, body and soul. Please pray that nothing else comes up in the next 2 days. Hope everyone is well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All my prayers go out to you and your family. I was listening to a spiritual tape tonight at 910pm and all of a sudden I was thinking of Isaiah. Hope you get the break you deserve. I too need a break. I worked 11 hrs straight. No lunch or dinner break. Then I left my beeper at a patient's house. A call at 9pm and had to go get it. I can't wait to go on this interview. My supervisor gave me some interview tips today. Can you believe it!

Anonymous said...

Nicky, I hope you had fun last night. You have a beautiful home and family. The children are so amazing. I wish you all the luck in the world. You are a very strongwilled person. I give you all the credit in the world. Sometimes we get so stressed out over nothing and we have it so easy compared to others. You made me realize a lot of things. One of these days Tammy and I will visit. I love your page. Have fun in New York!!!!!

Total Pageviews