Saturday, December 27, 2008

Okay folks, i have been to the ER 3x in one week with Isaiah. We finally found out the problem. He has been holding his urine which is soooo painful and this is what sent him into a long retching spell. Poor guy is sick to his stomach w/ pain from not urinating. Once he goes he is fine. So now we have to start cathing him with sucks. As if I don't have enough to do with all of Avery's issues.

It is just so heartbreaking for me to see Isaiah starting to have issues. He is my healthy one, ya know. I guess with Avery we are so used to him having so many problems and Isaiah being the stable. Now I have two kids with major issues. It is also crazy that we consider Isaiah the healthy one b/c others look at him and think he is so ill and complex. I guess it is all relative right.

So on Monday I have to try to get Isaiah into a Urologist ASAP and Avery needs the nutritionist ASAP to increase his TPN and decrease his j feeds.

But in the meantime, I am going out tonight to my hometown for a sort of High School reunion and also visiting family for the day. I thoroughly plan to have a great time before I need to be back home for 7am to get Avery off his TPN.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I hope you have a nice time out, Nicky. You deserve it. Hugs to you and the boys.

The Hodgedunmores said...

Have a great time (and maybe a small nap at some point?!) Sorry Isaiah's having a painful time. I hope it gets sorted out easily - you never know!

Love Alison

Colleen said...

You deserve some time out...hope you enjoy yourself!

Hope this week goes by more smoothly for you and the boys!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. What's the underlying issue causing Is. to hold his urine. Is the pain from a UTI? Muscle tensing? Hope the uro can get to the bottom of this.
ES

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I found your blog when I was googling for information about TPN. I have a daughter who has been on TPN and tube feed since birth named Ellie. I just wanted to say that your children are beautiful and you are doing a great job doing something that is not easy.
Abby Brogan
eleanorbrogan.blogspot.com

Total Pageviews