I just got back from the ER with Isaiah, yup, you heard that right. So used to going with Avery so it is weird for Isaiah to be so sick. He seemed better on Sunday as you can see by the pictures but he still had a fever before bedtime last night. This morning he woke up recthing real bad which lasted all day long despite giving his typical rescue meds. Our major concern was that he did not urinate the whole day. This is really crazy b/c Isaiah literally pees every hr. He got tons of fluids today but no pee. Also I checked his bloodsugar and it was over 200.
Off to the ER for bloodwork. He was NOT dehydrated at all. They gave him IV fluids and zofran to calm down the retching. Problem was he had sugar in his urine. I of course wanted him home as my concern was dehydration and he was fine in terms of that. But I need to follow up with my dr. in the am b/c I am high concerned about him retaining urine and his bloodsugar. The Er dr. had no answers but also thought it was concerning. OH great. As if I need more medical mysteries. We are home and Isaiah is still retching but I think he is much happier being home.
Avery is somewhat better, although he needed oxygen tonight which is something he has not needed lately.
Just hoping things settle down a bit b/c I am whooped mentally and physcially.
2 comments:
Sending many wishes for a light at the end of this sick tunnel you are in. I hope everyone feels better soon so you can get some rest.
Much love, Nena and Reese
www.caringbridge.org/visit/reesejohnson
Oh no, Nicky! I'm praying for their health and your rest. *hugs*
Post a Comment