Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Looks like we are back to the drs. tomorrow for Avery. I swear we are not making this up. I am sure it sounds quite unbelieveable but it is our life. We seem to have a direct source of pain. Whenever you move his left arm (which is where the clot is) he starts crying and wincing. Poor thing. I don't know if it is hurt or if it's related to the clot. I sure hope it is not clot related b/c as we know the blood thinner did nothing to get rid of the current clot in his neck. This will mean that we will be back in the hospital and Ijust don't know that I can do it again. We are so mentally spent that it would send us over the edge. Of course I say that but what is the edge. I am sure Rick and I will find a way to deal as we always do. But my heart just breaks for Avery. I mean, how much pain can he go through. This kid has literally been through pure hell. Yet he still manages to smile for his mamma and dadda. His medicine schedule is completely ridiculous, basically he is getting meds. about every 2 hrs. from 6am to 11pm. Please pray that nothing major is going on with his arm.

Rick and I actually got to go out for dinner tonight. Sort of a Valentines dinner. You know the longer you are married, all you need is to go out to dinner to celebrate. Heck, Rick and I have barely seen each other in the past month so just being in each other's company without kids is amazing. We have been through so many ups and downs as a couple. We have been together for over 16 yrs and married going on 10 yrs this April. I will tell you that we are stronger than ever. Usually 80% of couples with special needs kids end up in divorce. Here we are 2 SN kids and a great daughter and are stronger than ever. Why? b/c Rick and I will ALWAYS overcome adversity. We will be okay no matter what.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that they can find out why Avery is in pain and get him on the right diet that will help thrive.
Still looking for a job-very overwhelmed with this pace-too much paperwork that you don't get pd for.
Love to all!

Elaine

Total Pageviews