Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sorry for the lack of updates have just been so busy lately. Janessa came home from her 2 week beach vacations. She had such a great time with grammy. This girl ate lobster and mussels probably more than I have had in a lifetime. She is so dark too. I am so glad she had such a good time.

Isaiah has not been well all week he has been fighting a migrane since tues and just looks awful. Today he had a fever so I am not sure what is going on with the poor guy.

Avery was off antibotics for a whopping 10 days and he had already developed some other respiratory bug. He was getting pretty bad and would have likely ended up in the hospital. Since I had just seen the pulmonary dr. I was able to call the hospital and ask for a script of abx, YAY. I know Avery had something b/c he is so much better 3 days after starting Cipro. So I really think these IVIG infusions are going to be a great way to build up his immune system so he is not constantly on abx.

Rick is going away to a religious retreat for his work for 4 days. He is going to NJ. So it is going to be difficult without him for that long. But these boys seem like they are on the mend so I think things should be quiet (fingers crossed)

On a side note: I have been getting alot of flack from others (through the grapevine) about me working a fulltime job. Boy does this just irritate me. Firstly, it is not anyones business as are children are all very well cared for. I don't think it requires an explanation but I will give one anyway. I have alot of roles in my life and work is one of them. I like what I do and it is good for me. It would be difficult for me emotionally to be at home all the time. Work is a great distraction for me. I am blessed to have wonderful nurses that care for my boys while I am at work. I am also blessed to have such a flexible job. Do I get stressed at times balancing things, absolutely. But until someone lives my life they have NO right to judge it. I think we do a pretty darn good job with the cards we have been dealt. So that is my two cents. Sorry if it is harsh but it is so easy for others to judge when they have no idea.

4 comments:

The Hodgedunmores said...

Hey, sorry you feel like you have to defend your choices about work. that sucks. It's hard to imagine why anyone would think they had a better vantage point than you and Rick about how to best run your lives. It's amazing. As far as I can tell, you guys are doing an admirable job. It's really important to know what you need, and have balance in your life. Sometimes being away from home, and dealing with other peoples issues, is what you need to let you come back and deal with your own stuff. I sometimes wonder if I would have enjoyed being home full time, had we been able to afford it, and I suspect it would actually have drive me a bit crazy. Anyway - hope you're all well and enjoying all aspects of your lives!

Take care, Alison.

Colleen said...

You do a great job and shouldnt have to explain yourself to anyone...boo to those that stick their nose up thinking they are all that and obviously have nothing better to do than complain about others!

Hope all goes smoothly while your husband is away and that the boys both feel better!

Anonymous said...

nicky girl! you go! you tell them to step off!!
Never even dawned on me that you would not work. you are fabulous and i want to swim in your pool and drink your wine before the summer is out!!! getting more chaotic as the move looms closer but we'll make it work out. and those 3 kids of yours have the best parents in the world!! love you sonya

Debbie White said...

Wow, It's amazing how some people can judge something they no NOTHING about. Maybe those people would like to step in and help pay your mortgage. Wouldn't it be nice if those cowards would actually say something to you about it?

I hope the Cipro does the trick for Avery.

Poor Isaiah. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

Glad Janessa is enjoying her summer.

Total Pageviews