We had pre-op today and a long day it was. Avery is just such a little trooper did very well despite how exhausted he was. Things too so long b/c of his long medical history and complications. They wanted to make sure they weren't missing anything. It was decided that since he needs to be NPO for 8 hrs. before the surgery that he will be admitted the night before. He will dehydrated pretty quickly so they want to be able to put him on IV fluids the night before. This works out really well b/c we have appts. at the hospital on Wed. anyway so we will just be admitted after the appts. He is scheduled at 9:30 am on Thurs. I am pretty optimistic that things will go well at this point. Just worried that they will have issues with getting a blood return on his central line again and that is our big indicator that there were placement issues and c0ntrolling his pain post-op. I plan on having the Pallative team looking at his methadone doses to keep up with his pain. If all goes well, he could be home by Sunday or Monday. I hope, but with Mr. Avery, you NEVER KNOW. But I will keep thinking positive thoughts.
Today, we straightened out some issues we were having with Isaiah's school. They are typically great with him in terms of the education stuff but I often get the feeling that they are getting annoyed that he has been feeling so good and been going to school so much. LOL. We were getting some resistance regarding him being included in a school trip and the transportation isssues. So of course, Rick and I were not standing for it and after a few notes back and forth that seemed to be going nowhere, Rick called the Sped. Director and suddenly everything was resolved. We just will not stand for Isaiah being left out when he is part of an inclusion classroom. How could they just not love him to death, he is the sweetest, funniest and most handsome guy ever. I tell you it just gets so exhausting always needing to advocate for my boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment