Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sorry I have not updated in awhile.  There has been so much going on around me that I didn't feel the need to brag about how well things are going around here. The boys continue to do really well.  Isaiah has not had any bad retching episodes in over 2 wks.  Although I am sure that will change tomorrow as I have no Sunday nurse.  Avery looks like a million buck aside from him having increased respiratory issues.  Janessa did such an awesome job in her Willy Wonka play.  We are so very proud of her.  

As I said,it is so hard to celebrate how well things are in our home when there are at least 3 mito kids that are at the end stages of the disease.  They are all Avery's age so it is just very hard to see their life ending.  It makes me think that his clock is ticking too.  It's just so sad how many kids we have lost and continue to lose to this horrible incurable disease.  I continue to be so so grateful for the time I have with my boys b/c it can all be taken away at any point.  Please pray for all those Mito families that are grieving for the loss and of end life for their children.

Talk about hitting close to home. My best friend's husband (my second family) had a brain anerusym last wk.  He had a massive brain bleed and is still fighting daily for his life.  I am so incredibly heartbroken for the family.  They have four kids and he is the bread winner of the family, a self employed accountant.  I try to be at the hospital as much as I can to be with my friend and her family but it is hard with my schedule.  He is a strong man who would do anything for his family so I know he is going to continue to fight.  It is amazing that he survived this but he has a very long road ahead of him and so does the family.  Life is just so so hard sometimes and it kills me how bad things happen to such good people.  I just cannot not imagine if he was not able to pull through this.  So please pray for the Cashman family, they need all the prayers you can spare. 

So as I can see I have not been in the best spirits lately.  I have a heavy heart right now for so many families.  I know that this is the cycle of life but it just really sucks :( 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

you are so sweet to be thinking about so many out there going through so may trials and tribulations. I will be praying for the mito families and the Cashman Family. As well as for you! and your family, because you are not without hardships yourself. So happy to hear that the kids are doing well.

Total Pageviews