Thursday, November 4, 2010

So as you can see I have made some good use to my time off.  I hope you all like the new blog.  At the top is a new guestbook which should make it easier to leave a comment.  Also feel free to check out some of my friends and all their beautiful children (most of whom have mitochondrial disease).

On the home front, things have settled back down.  Isaiah finally started feeling good yesterday afternoon.  It was a "true migraine" b/c it lasted for 3 full days.  Once he is out of it, he has a huge burst of energy and ya better watch out b/c the true wild man comes out.  It is so good to see him back to himself.  I am so used to Isaiah doing well and when you see him suffering like that it is disheartening.  I woke up in the middle of the night the other night in a panic b/c I must of had a dream that he died.  I could not shake it.  I am used to deal with crisis with Avery and how sick he is and trying to prepare for losing him first.  So it hit me the other night that I could lose either one or both at ANY point.  Nothing is for certain.  Okay that was totally depressing but you know I speak what's on my mind.

Remember I said "something" was bothering Avery.  Well we know momma knows him best.  Apparently he was so miserable b/c he was backed up with poop.  Despite having daily bm's, it was not enough.  So he was fussy, retchy and his j tube came out again.  This is exactly what he did last month.  Rather than rush  to the ER just to be admitted (which I had zero interest in doing), I had the nurse put a mickey in (a g tube button).  So we had to stop the unnecessary meds and only give the essentials. He had an appt. the next day for a new tube.  I wanted to give him a good clean out before putting a new tube in.  I am sure if I called any dr. they would have him go in and be admitted but there was no need in my opinion.  He was not sick and was fine with the meds we were able to give him.  So things worked out.  The long term issue is what bothers me more.  I spoke with his GI dr. and he felt that his motility in his colon is quickly progressing and if we are not able to have a regular bm regime (whether its stimulants or enimas) then surgery is our next option.  I am NOT at all interested in an ileostomy or colostomy or any surgery for that matter.  We will just deal with things day by day and cross that bridge if we ever have to get to it.  I am not about to due any surgery for Avery unless it is absolutely necessary and can make a positive difference for him.  As you all know, I am in the camp of less is more and it has worked thus far :)

I am already going back to work in THREE WKS. so I plan on enjoying my time off and getting alot of things done.  Also counting down until my sister and aunt comes.  As much as I love having my great niece and she is an awesome baby, its time for me to enjoy my time off.  You know I will be back to the crazy life once work starts.  So I have got to get alot of things done such as 30 online CEUS, christmas cards, and Christmas shopping before then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicky,
What happy pictures! Ness looks so cute in her Halloween outfit, You enjoy your time off now. CEUs don't sound like fun, but I'm sure it will be easier getting than in your usual crazy schedule.
Love,
Susanna

The Hodgedunmores said...

Great photo's. Such a sad dream. I'm sorry. Glad you're getting some good out of the enforced time off.
xoxoxo

Total Pageviews