Friday, November 12, 2010

It's actually been a week of good news!!!!!!

First off, my nursing case manager called to let me know that they have changed their decision and Isaiah will be approved for the 70 hrs. for the next year.  YAY!!!!! I am glad that they were being reasonable b/c I would have not had a problem appealing it if things went the other way. 

I did Avery's labs this week and they looked the best they have ever looked.  His blood counts look better than mine, lol.  His H/H were 13.6/37.5. wow.  This means he is not anemic in the slightest.  Also, we checked his Igg levels since increasing his sub q immunoglobins at home and they are back up to 700 which is within range and hopefully enough to keep infections at bay for sometime.  He has also lost a couple of pounds which was much needed b/c he had put on too much weight much too fast.  It was really affecting him respiratory wise.  Now he is doing great in that area since losing a bit a weight.  He is able to cough easily on his own without drowning in his own secretions. 

However, we are still seriously battling Avery's constipation issues.  I am just really frustrated with it b/c I refuse to do anything surgical for him.  We are changing around things again to see if we can get him to go on his own and not be dependent on suppositories b/c eventually they will stop working.  It may be a long shot but we are going to try giving him water overnight through his feeding tube.  He has not been on anything through his gut overnight b/c he was having so many pain issues.  But it seems that he is not getting enough water to work with the stimulants we are giving.  He is very gaggy and uncomfortable if he even goes a day without a bm.  So I am really hoping we can find a good solution for him.  I mean he is doing well in so many other areas.  It would be nice to have him doing well with everything.  But I know I am fooling myself b/c that does not happen with mito kids especially as complex with Avery.  There is nothing wrong with hoping, right!!!!!

I am getting really excited b/c my sister will be here in less than 2wks.  I miss her and the kids so much, it's been too long.  Janessa and my nieces are so close in age and never get to see each other so it will be really cute to see them all together.  They are all like little woman.  It's gonna be a busy couple of wks and then work for me and basketball season for Rick.  Crazy, Crazy........

Please make sure you check on some of our friends on the side bar.  There are alot of kids that continue to need your prayers, especially Eithene, Cooper and Kyle.  Thanks

No comments:

Total Pageviews