I am not sure if you can tell but Avery was full of smiles when Grammy and his sister came for a visit. He was so happy!!!!
The vent has been a good break for him and they have actually been able to wean his settings a bit. My personal opinion and I know it to be the truth is that he was so claustrophobic with the bipap on that he got himself so worked up and that is why he crashed. He does have pneumonia but it seems to be resolving. I definitely feel he will be able to come off the vent without us needing to make the decision to trach him. This is not something that Rick and I want to do but if we have to we will. I just think we need a better plan for him coming off the vent and whether that involves no bipap or a nose mask instead of a full face mask or just O2 then that is just what is going to be done. Avery still have a long road ahead but this boy is tough as nail I tell ya. He also seems happier on the vent b/c he can see you and he is not cut off from the world. We have also been able to put his cochlear implant on him which opens up the world even more for him. We will continue to take things one day at a time. I just want my little boy back to the way he was before all of this. I wanted to thank everyone you has helped us with food, taking care of Ness and Milo, listening to Rick and I and also for the nurses taking good care of Isaiah at home.
7 comments:
Nicky and Rick - So good to see Avery - above all SMILING around his endotrach!!! What a kid! Darn pneumonia - thank God for lots of antibiotics! He seems much happier - you're so right!! Hang in there, peanut!
Oh wow! So happy to see these pictures of Avery looking so much better! So good to hear that things are looking up! Yay!
Love from us all:)
xoxoxo
It is good to see that he is feeling better and the pneumonia is clearing. You guys are still in our prayers.
Glad to see Avery looking so happy....his eyes just light up. Still in our prayers.
Nancy
Ditto all the other comments. We love you all. The Kelley's
Good Morning,
Sweet Eithene sent me over. I am one of her prayer warriors at Angel_Wings Prayer Warriors. I am so grateful to know Avery is stabilized with the vent versus the Bi-Pap and responding to all of you. The photos are great. Thank you for sharing them with us.
I am holding Warrior Avery and all of you close in my heart and prayers.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. -- Psalm 73:26 (NIV)
Angel Hugs,
Ms. Polly @ Angel_Wings Prayer Warriors
That boy is such a trooper!! Thank you for the photos. Continuing to think of you all.
Post a Comment