So here I am just 6 days post op and I am already at a loss of what to do with myself. I know, I know, I should be resting, relaxing, reading etc. Buuutt for anyone who really "knows" me then you know that the RRRs are totally impossible for me. I am just not your relaxing kinda girl. Heck I was already driving into work on Monday (yes, I was cleared by the dr.) to dispense some hearing aids.... When my work called me to say "hold up, we are waiting on the big boss to give you clearance" Ugh.... So I decided to drive to my workplace and they were all shocked to see that I looked like nothing ever happened, exceptt my belly was a little bigger lol. Now I only planned on dispensing aids until the 6wks. which requires no lifting whatsoever. So I thought I was ready to roll...Well I was totally disappointed to find out that I cannot even step foot into any of the nursing homes until I am cleared from my surgeon with NO RESTRICTIONS. Ugh...Wow..
Hmmm, so it's a forced 6 wk vacation and I have no idea what to do!!! Honestly, I only know my life to be in complete ciaos so this will be really really weird for me to have "me" time during the day. The thing is "me" time usually entails shopping. But since I am not making much money I am gonna have to find other ways to fill my day. Maybe I should start by training this dog who is currently eating the legs off Janessa's barbie dolls as I type. Guess I could come up with a whole list of things to do. I mean I have already watched the two seasons of Jersey Shore :) and got the new Ken Follet book that's 1000 pages. There is always the Christmas cards (we know mine are always the first ones out). I guess I will take full advantage of the chill time.
On thurs I will fill my time with Avery, spending the night at Children's for his CTscan. This will be or should be his quickest stay yet. The crazy thing is this is when I have the most time to be with him. Go figure. On the bright side it also means that he is feeling and looking great these days. Hopefully the CT will be negative. Isaiah has been doing great as well. We have tried the new meds for his migraines and they seem to help for now. He is getting some good training on riding his bike which is so fun to see.
So I am going to try to enjoy my little hiatus b/c I know that although I am used to the "crazy", it's nice to get a break from it every once in awhile. Don't worry, I am not taking it too fast and am taking care of myself. I have the boys nurses asking me how many pounds my pocketbook is. I even weighed it this morning, lol. If I could only stop coughing, laughing and sneezing then I would be fine.
2 comments:
Nicky I remember after the CS w/Avery how active you were! Good thing your work has restrictions. take good care of yourself. you only have one body! Pamper yourself with skin masks/facials, foot soaks, this would even be fun at home w/Janessa!
Love,
Elaine
Nicky,
R&R goestotally againest your life path, and I know it has to be hard for you. You deserve to take this time for you. Get your Christmas shopping done, do some baking and cooking for the holidays and freeze it, take long walks just you and the dog,and Vanessa too, visit old friends,Write the novel that is inside of you. I know you will succeed in whatever it is you do, just don't feel you have to go back early. Good Luck and keep on posting,
Post a Comment