Friday, October 1, 2010

I was really trying to have a more positive outlook on things but perhaps not this week.  I have been overwhelmed by stress of work, kids, the dogs, ants, a broken wheelchair lift.  And last night was certainly the straw that broke the camel's back for me.  I am under alot of pressure with work right now b/c I have about 22 hearing aids to dispense just about all over the state of Mass and it has to get done asap.  Add to the fact that I am having surgery in 2 weeks and need to get it all done by then is totally stressing me out.  I have been stressed about Avery being on the edge and heading into the hospital which would make it real difficult for me to get my work done. 

Well here I sit in the hospital with Avery.  UGH

His j tube came out and we absolutely need it for meds.  He has to go inpatient to have it replaced and they only do it during the day and not on weekends.  I just broke down.  It was all too much for me to handle at once.  I know we should only need to be here for a night but it never happens that easily.  Of course on arrival Avery was satting at 87% and sooo junky.  Everyone who knows him could see that he is so fluid filled and adding to his respiratory problems.  Also he is filled with poop.  So my hopes of getting out of here today could be slim.  While I am glad that this is a minor hospital stay, at this point there is no time for it. 

I just really need to get through the next two weeks for work and my surgery and I think things will be better.  It is so incredibly difficult to have to work and care for two special needs kids, my daughter and dog (that follows me everywhere) my husband and a home(that has ants in the kitchen).  I am NOT superman and there is only so much I can take.  What I really need is a personal assistant.  Since I don't see that in the near future it is just me. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicky, Robin, myself and the kids(especially Lauren) have been thinking about you guys lately. Sorry to hear everything is out of controll on your end, but I hope all ends up well for you guys. Need to get together sometime in the near future when we all get the chance. Miss you all and our prayers are always with you. Love to all, Kurt

Heidi said...

(((HUGS Nicky))) I think of you often, overwhelming indeed! If anyone needs help, you do. Im praying hard for Avery today, hoping he's OK and theres no clots developing. HUGS and continued prayers for your family-
Heidi & Jack.

Nicole said...

Sorry Nicky, you have a TON on your plate! I'm really hoping Avery gets discharged soon and of course that he starts feeling better! Hoping for a smooth J tube change!

Anonymous said...

when it rains it pours literally! Hope everything goes in your favor and get out the hosp quick!
Elaine

The Hodgedunmores said...

I'd love to help. If you can think of a way, let me know. I wish you good sleep and a few decent breaks in the near future.

oxoxox

Anonymous said...

Nicky,
What a tough time for you and your family. You have always managed to get things done. You are one of the most efficient audiologists I know and you are a mom that can cope with whatever is thrown at you. Don't think two weeks in advance- just do what you have to do now. Hope you get out of hospital soon because I am sure you'll feel better if you can move on your usual hectic pace rather than be restricted to the hospital.
A big hug for a special lady.
Susanna

Total Pageviews