Oh my gosh, these last 2 days have been brutal. Just as I thought. Today alone I spent 4 1/2 hrs in the car and half of that time was with Avery. I cannot believe I still went to work after leaving the house at 6am with Avery to drive a hr for pre-op. Tomorrow is going to be even worse because I have to go to work (hr drive) come back home and pick up Avery and go back in the car for yet another hr drive to be admitted to the hospital. They will admit him for fluids the night before b/c he cannot be without any fluids after midnight which is typical with any surgery. But b/c he is on the diet, he will need fluids. It was a nightmare b/c they had no idea what department to admit him through b/c he could not go under the Ear dr. b/c his speciality is not the keto diet, so we had to figure that out. So he is just going under general pediatrics the night before and will probably go to ICU the night after the surgery to be on the safe side and hopefully home on Sat.
Please keep my little man in your prayers that things go very smoothly.
I will let you all know how it goes.......
3 comments:
Good luck with the admission today and surgery tomorrow. We are thinking of you guys and hope all goes well.
Debbie White
Ontario, Canada
Hey Nicky,
I hope you and Avery got a room last night. Good luck today with surgery.
Debbie
On, Canada
Hey Nicky -
It's Anna (you know, used to work at Bay Cove with Rick). Craig gave me your blog address months ago and I've been following it. I can't believe how long it has been since I've seen you guys. I can't believe I've not yet met Avery - he is such a cutie! I'm not sure who he looks like yet :) Isaiah and Janessa are getting so big! They look so much alike. I think of all of you often and always mean to call...I'm definitely going to call soon - I know Rick's birthday is coming up. Hoping the surgery went well and hoping you get some down time. talk soon, anna
Post a Comment